7 Random Things About MePosted: Thursday, May 17, 2007
Not that I’m a vain individual who takes pleasure in doing nothing more than talking about herself, but I’ve been tagged by fellow mommy blogger JJ over at Mischief Makers and feel it would be rude of me not to oblige her request. I won’t get to serious with this one; hopefully, you’ll get a good laugh.
- Like JJ, I hate ironing with a passion. I know this is unbecoming of a self-proclaimed fashionista, and I probably should be ashamed to admit this, but I will go outside in wrinkled clothes if my DH or son doesn’t iron them for me.
- Also similar to JJ, I have a ton of concepts my hubby calls “Hair-brained ideas.” Yeah, he’s heard it all.
- Ssh… I’m a bibliophile. There I said it, and it feels good to finally admit it. I buy books like they’re going out of style. It took a lot for me to turn my back on The Secret of Lost Things and Friday Night Chicas. I’m not going to spill the beans and give you an explanation because my hubby likes to spy on me by reading this blog. I will say, if you’re looking for a good read you must get your hands on a copy of Sugar and the sequel This Bitter Earth by Bernice McFadden. I read both these books in two days; I couldn’t put them down and often caught myself ranting at the book.
- Rarely do I deviate from my usual menu items whenever I go to a restaurant. You see, once I’ve had a delicious dish I tend to stick with it because if the new food selection is not pleasing to the palette I will not only be upset, but will ask the waitress to remove the item from the table and the bill then go home hungry. So for a few years now, I’ve always ordered the Firecracker Salmon Rolls made with sweet hot chili sauce and the Herb Crusted Fillet of Salmon at the Cheesecake Factory. Yummo!
- My cousin, Al, swears to god my lucky month is September since it is the month all three of my children were born. Honestly, the whole thing sort of freaks him out, especially because of the distance between them all. Monsieur D is six years older than Monsieur G and 13 years older than Mademoiselle. Can you figure out G’s age?
- Unlike the average household in America with pet dogs and cats, *when I was a little girl, we had a monkey that died of pneumonia thanks to my father.
- Speaking of monkeys, my husband swears I have monkey toes. That’s right, my toes are like a second set of fingers. Though it may not sound appealing for a girl like me, it’s pretty funny to watch.
*Edited May 29th, 2007.